We are currently seeking a JFS Community Connections Assistant to join our Community Connections team. This full-time (37.5 hours per week) position provides administrative and organizational support to three staff members ensuring efficient departmental operations for the team. If you love data, logistics and keeping teams organized, this could be the job for you. This role is hybrid and based out of our Seattle, Capitol Hill location.
We welcome and encourage you to apply if you feel connected to JFS’ mission. While Jewish values and history guide us, we recognize that our work is best accomplished through the collaboration of individuals from a variety of cultures, skills, and perspectives. If you meet most of the position qualifications, we encourage you to apply.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as subject matter expert on the agency’s donor database system (Raiser’s Edge).
- Create, run, and maintain dashboards, reports, mailing lists, queries, and exports.
- Assist with data entry and data updates.
- Run regular data quality audits.
- Assist in the creation/update of processes and procedures as needed to ensure continuous improvement and consistency and completeness of data.
- Assist other Data Services team members as needed, including other system support and during major agency events
- Enters donor information into the donor database, Raiser’s Edge, for event registration.
- Provide support as needed for development events, including the annual Luncheon.
- Coordinate and takes notes at team meetings.
- Acts as project manager for development mailings including, direct mail, holiday cards, event invitations, and CEO updates.
- Works closely with Donor Relations Coordinator to provide support during busy times.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from a college or university and/or minimum of two years administrative and/or database/data entry experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Understands and anticipates the needs of the team and responds accordingly.
- Independent worker, accountable for work products and self-directed in meeting goals.
- Excellent communication (written & oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Must be flexible and willing to adapt to workflow priority changes.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Office, databases and online tools including Zoom, Sign Up Genius, Survey Monkey and project management software. Prior experience with Raiser’s Edge or another database is preferred.
- Ability to travel locally and occasionally work after hours and/or weekend hours.
- Experience working with volunteers and/or event planning is a plus.
- Knowledge of Judaism and local Jewish community and prior non-profit experience are pluses.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- The pay for this position is $24.53 – $29.98 dependent on relevant and applicable experience.
- Jewish Family Service offers a generous benefits package including:
- 100% employer-paid premiums for employee medical, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, and employee assistance program.
- 15 annual vacation days increasing to 20 after 2 years, and generous paid sick time.
- Paid Federal holidays and 10 additional flexible floating holidays accessible throughout the year.
- 5% employer contribution to 401k retirement plan (no employee contribution required).
- Additional benefits include: vision coverage and FSA enrollment.
- JFS values and provides opportunities for continued growth and learning for all team members.