We are currently seeking a Director of Special Events to join our team. An integral role, the Director of Special Events serves as lead staff for Development events including the annual Community of Caring Luncheon, Major Donor events, CEO events, cultivation events and other special events.
A successful candidate will be hands-on, flexible, and able to build open communication across departments. A people-person, our ideal candidate will be innovative, with the proven ability to engage and motivate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with vendors to select and secure event venues, rentals, audio visual components, speakers, caterers, and more while keeping the budget in mind.
- Engages with volunteer leadership to help involve them in the work of agency.
- Staffs event committees which includes staff and volunteer leadership.
- Manages and tracks event budgets, submitting invoices and credit card statements for processing.
- Partners with Program Staff and Development & Marketing staff on speakers and content for events. Manages program order, talking points and timelines.
- Works collaboratively with the Marketing Department on collateral material for events including invitations, web content, programs, pledge cards, centerpieces and email communication plans.
- Works in tandem with the Data Services Department to ensure appropriate event information is recorded in Raiser’s Edge.
- Collaborates on the development of queries and reports for events.
- Works in partnership with other Development team members and volunteer leadership to maximize event attendance.
- Occasionally plans and executes externally facing agency events, such as retirement celebrations.
- Supervises event tasks for the Development Assistant.
- Works as a member of an integrated team to increase all agency giving.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum of three years of experience running community programs/events, preferably in a social service setting; volunteer management experience a plus.
- Capable of working diplomatically with a variety of personalities.
- Exceptional organization and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently as well as be a collegial member of a team.
- Familiarity with organized Jewish community; knowledge of Jewish practices preferred.
- Must be able to work under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Raiser’s Edge and ASANA a plus.
- Flexibility in arranging work schedule outside normal working hours.
- Valid driver’s WA state driver’s license, required levels of insurance, and a vehicle.
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume and cover letter in a single document at: https://careers-hrpmsi.icims.com/jobs/2434/director-of-special-events/login
Applications are only accepted online. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.