These special holiday services and celebrations are open to everyone in the community. They are designed to be meaningful for individuals with developmental disabilities or persistent mental illness, as well as their families and friends.
Typically Sha’arei Tikvah holds three to four events each year:
- Rosh Hashanah service
- Chanukah celebration
- Purim celebration
- Summer Shabbat Experience
JFS partners Temple De Hirsch Sinai and Temple B’nai Torah for Sha’arei Tikvah programs that:
- Are led by Cantor David Serkin-Poole of Temple B’nai Torah, Rabbi Aaron Meyer of Temple De Hirsch Sinai, JFS staff and special guests
- Draw from all the major Jewish denominations
- Provide kosher, catered snacks
- Provide volunteer opportunities for people of all abilities
- Are very experiential, including music, art, dancing and more, as well as traditional liturgy
Sha’arei Tikvah is a chance for all members of our community to worship and celebrate together, young and old, whatever their background, abilities and need — to share the power and joy of our holiday traditions. For additional information or to schedule a program or workshop at your facility, please contact us.