Project DVORA: Domestic Violence Outreach, Response & Advocacy
Project DVORA will create the conditions in the Jewish community to support loving, safe and respectful relationships; and build the capacity in the community to respond to domestic abuse.
Education Workshops: Project DVORA offers a variety of free workshops that create dialogue in our Jewish community to support loving, safe, and respectful relationships. They include workshops for youth on Healthy Relationships, and workshops for adults on how to talk to youth about healthy relationships. We also provide workshops for both youth and adult around topics related to domestic violence in the Jewish community.
Programs: Project DVORA assists survivors of intimate partner abuse. We also help families and friends, as well as Jewish organizations, regarding how best to address and cope with situations of domestic violence. All services are provided with the strictest adherence to confidentiality. These programs are highlighted by:
- Individual Advocacy-Based Counseling
- Kids Club: Parent/child interactive classes for children who have witnessed domestic violence (PDF, 300 KB)
- Consultation: to rabbis, synagogues, teachers, therapists, friends, family members and the like. For confidential support at no charge, please call (206) 461-3240 and ask to speak with a DVORA Advocate.
Do you find yourself…?
- Changing your behavior to avoid your partner’s anger?
- Fearful of your partner’s moods and temper?
- Feeling isolated from family and friends?
- Lacking control of your finances and access to money?
- Witnessing irrational jealousy by your partner?
- Being humiliated or ridiculed for your valued beliefs?
- Having ever been touched by your partner in an unloving way?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, Project DVORA is here to help.
Services of JFS Project DVORA
are made possible through generous
community support of