Jewish Family Service is hiring for a Resettlement Case Manager in our Refugee Immigrant Services program. This full-time (37.5 hours/week) position provides resettlement services to refugees who are new to the US. The position is based at the agency’s Kent office but work is primarily carried out in the field. Frequent travel required to other JFS sites, clients’ homes and other locations in the community.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the U.S. Resettlement Program and Jewish Family Service’s role and responsibilities as a provider.
- Work with assigned clients to create and implement individualized resettlement plans and reach self-sufficiency goals.
- Provide core services to newly arrived refugees to include: airport pick-ups, home visits, school and ESL enrollment, setting up childcare services, coordinating medical care and employment referral.
- Act as advocate and coordinator to ensure client access to services and benefits.
- Coordinate and conduct furniture move-ins, ensuring that all new arrivals have appropriate furnishings and household goods.
- Facilitate clients’ orientation to the US, community navigation, and understanding of available resources and support systems
- Ensure complete, accurate, and timely documentation for each case.
- Referral services as needed.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience within field.
- Experience working with other cultures and ability to effectively communicate with people who speak English as a second language.
- Ability to repeatedly lift at least 50 lbs. at a time. Repetitive heavy lifting is required.
- Valid Washington State driver’s license, auto insurance and reliable access to personal vehicle as well as ability to drive agency vehicles required.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that requires some evenings and weekends, based on clients’ needs. Overtime maybe required during high-arrival periods.
Jewish Family Service offers competitive wages and a generous benefits package.
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.