We are looking for a Receptionist to provide reception coverage and serve as the “gatekeeper” for a security conscious facility. This part-time (18.75 hours) position is located in our Refugee and Immigrant Services (RIS) office in Kent.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet & check in clients and visitors; notify staff of client/guest arrivals.
- Manage the reception area by performing extensive telephone coverage; providing information and referring callers to appropriate agency and community resources; monitoring the waiting area to ensure a reasonable level of quiet and confidentiality.
- Monitor building security and respond appropriately to panic alarm.
- Administer phone system; update the voicemail greeting.
- Provide clerical and general office support to include preparation, maintenance and archiving of case files; word processing, general filing, faxing and copying.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail; prepare outgoing mail; deliver mail to the post office, as needed; coordinate courier services, as well as Federal Express and UPS.
- Coordinate supply orders.
- Facilitate fee-based programs under the direction of the RIS Director, through referrals, setting up appointments, and handling payment transactions. Maintain transaction log and file receipts.
- Provide operations assistance and coordinate facilities maintenance with the help of the RIS Director and through the JFS Facilities Director.
- Maintain client log-in; monitor master employee and conference rooms schedules.
- Interpret for clients, as needed, per language skills.
- High School Diploma or GED and 1 year of administration support experience; or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to handle sensitive client information with discretion and in accordance with the Agency’s confidentiality policy.
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to work well with a diverse group of clients and staff; exceptional customer relations skills.
- Fluency in the at least one of the following languages preferred – Ukrainian, Russian, Arabic, Farsi, Pashto, Dari.
Jewish Family Service offers competitive wages and a generous benefits package. If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are only accepted online. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Vets