Jewish Family Service seeks a Mental Health Counselor in the Older Adult Services program. This part-time (18.75 hours/week) position provides counseling to unpaid family caregivers referred through the King County Family Caregiver Support program. The Mental Health Counselor will provide short-term in-person counseling to clients primarily in clients’ homes. Some counseling session may also be provided at another location in the community or at Jewish Family Service offices.
As a Mental Health Counselor you will…
- Provide short-term counseling, consultation and education on an individual basis to unpaid family caregivers.
- Maintain accurate and complete electronic and paper documentation.
- Use screening tool to measure caregiver stress at initial and final counseling appointments.
- Provide appropriate referrals to community resources.
- Attend and participate in monthly departmental clinical consultation and staff meetings, monthly inter-departmental team meetings, and other meetings as requested.
- Develop and maintain clinical skills including completing a minimum of 18 hours of continuing education annually.
Our ideal candidate will have…
- Master’s degree in social work, counseling psychology or a related field required.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in services to older adults or family caregivers.
- A minimum of one year experience in counseling.
- A license in social work or mental health counseling required.
- Must have a valid Washington State Driver’s License and access to an insured vehicle.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English required.
Our preferred candidate will be…
- Bilingual in Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, or Vietnamese.
- Familiar with local community resources.
- Able to demonstrate strong interview and assessment skills.
- Adept at working effectively and compassionately with clients who are frail or who have physical or cognitive disabilities.
Jewish Family Service offers competitive wages and a generous benefits package.
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Applications are only accepted via email. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.