Jewish Family Service (JFS) is seeking a Geriatric Care Manager to provide care management services to older adults in the Greater Seattle area. The Geriatric Care Manager will provide the following services: information, assistance and referral; comprehensive assessment; care management and community outreach. In addition, this position may provide counseling services and limited supervision of volunteers working with clients. The Geriatric Care Manager will work out of the Seattle JFS office and will require frequent travel to clients’ homes. This is a part-time benefited position with a minimum of 18.75 hours per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide comprehensive assessment of older adults’ physical and mental health, home safety, social and cultural needs, and financial status.
- Develop care plans in collaboration with clients and help clients achieve their care plan goals.
- Serve as a client advocate and contact clients’ health care providers, community agencies and others to ensure client needs are met.
- Coordinate services with other Older Adult Services and JFS staff as well as multiple service providers.
- Provide ongoing oversight of each assigned case, maintaining regular contact with clients.
- Participate in community outreach activities to potential clients and their families.
- Maintain accurate and complete documentation by recording all client contact in the Salesforce database, including demographic information and ongoing client and collateral contact.
- Complete all required Claims Conference paperwork for Holocaust survivors.
- Attend and participate in monthly Older Adult Services clinical consultation and team meetings, and other meetings as requested.
- Master’s degree in social work or related field preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, health care, human services or a related field and a minimum of two years of experience in older adult programming will be considered.
- Licensure in social work or mental health counseling is desired.
- Fluency in English, including written skills. Russian fluency a plus.
- Access to reliable transportation required.
Jewish Family Service offers competitive wages and a generous benefits package.
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications are only accepted online.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Vets