Jewish Family Service seeks an Employment Specialist in the Refugee Immigrant Services program. This full-time (37.5 hours/week) position provides outreach, social services, case management and employment placement for refugee/immigrant clients and develops relationships and contacts with prospective employers and community service providers. Located in our Refugee and Immigrant Services (RIS) office in Kent.
- Provides job search and placement assistance to clients in our Refugee Immigrant Services program.
- Provides intake and assessment, individualized counseling and develops training and employment plans with clients. Identifies and develops job placement and job training/community service sites for clients.
- Assists clients with creating resumes, filling out job applications, and provides guidance throughout the job search process.
- Provides case management and community service referrals to support clients’ self-sufficiency.
- Refers participants to suitable training, employment, social services and ESL in programs.
- Conducts timely and regular follow up with clients, employers and DSHS case workers to ensure participant’s job search progress.
- Assists clients with immigration applications and processes.
- Meets contract requirements of funding sources; submits monthly reports on time; maintains client files according to specifications.
Qualifications, knowledge and abilities:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- At least one year of experience in working with refugee/immigrant populations.
- Case management/employment placement experience a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to provide culturally appropriate services to people from varied backgrounds.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Fluency in at least one of the following languages preferred: Ukrainian, Russian, Arabic, Farsi, Pashto, Dari.
- Current Washington State driver’s license and auto insurance required; must have acceptable driving record as defined by our insurance provider and access to a privately-owned vehicle.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
Jewish Family Service offers competitive wages and a generous benefits package.
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.